Saturday, August 28, 2021

The Build Off Challenge completed...almost

 The Build Off Challenge between Chris/MisterC, Merjin and myself is not too serious; rather it is a gentle prod to us all to get some more quality scenery made. For me, 28mm buildings of the medieval style will be useful not only for my Medieval gaming but also many fantasy battle, skirmish and rpg games. Happily for me I have completed my latest building, a two storey bakery.




With the building complete I could not resist setting up a village scene with more of my buildings and other bits of scratch built scenery such as my rivers, roads, hedges etc...I also placed a few of my Lancastrian Wars of the Roses figures from my 'Never Mind the Billhooks' force to help bring the scene to life.









I do seem to have go ahead of my fellow builders. Here is where Chris is up to ( he is creating a far more ambitious build than mine it should be noted but looks great so far). 
Merjin has already completed all of the buildings from the Warhammer Townscape plans apart from one so it makes sense that he is creating that last building, a tower which he has decided to make into a ruin. Excellent progress so far. 

I shall do another blog once the other two have completed their builds as well. 


 

 


5 comments:

  1. Very well done ser. Congratulations on finishing. Good looking tower house too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks MisterC. I am now wondering what to build next time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool stuff, and congrats on finishing first. Now please talk me out of buying some of those wonderful War of the Roses models :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well they are very nice (Perry Miniatures) , so I think you should buy lots.

    ReplyDelete

Lion Rampant: Defending the Indefensible (scenario 3).

 For today's game we decided to give scenario 3, 'Defending the Indefensible' a go. Placing a small church in the table centre t...