Sunday, August 8, 2021

A Build Off Update

 So far so good, basic shape assembled. Note the upper door as it has sparked some imaginative ideas. 

This time I glued the paper template directly onto the foamboard and modelled windows and doors where indicated. The mesh in the windows is something I have had for years but is ideal for old fashioned windows. The wooden beams are all coffee stirrers as usual and I have changed the placement to suit my own design ideas. The upper door now has a small balcony on which Merjin reckons there should be a wizard or necromancer stood casting his spells. I thought less colourfully that it suits some sort of industrial building, a blacksmith, a butcher, a baker or even a candlestick maker? I have actually decided but will keep you all guessing for now. 
The next photo shows the building with a few bits of added detail and on it's base...but not glued down just yet. The base is 15cm square and I have rounded the corners and edges. 
Just the roof tiles to go on this part of the build, and the texture on the walls. Hopefully the base is wide enough to now add a small workshop to the side. Ebay has been very useful here and I now await some useful bits and pieces to help create the right .'atmosphere' in the workshop. I also can't really build the workshop until I have those various bits and pieces so I can scale the workshop appropriately. 

With Ian (Humans) and Phil (Orcs) now creating 15mm fantasy armies for use with the 'Fantastic Battles' rules I thought I would add some BANG! to my Ice Drow army. I also have some mounted crossbow skirmishers ready to paint now too. The cannon and figures below are from Demonworld.
I have also finished my first battalion of 15mm Napoleonic British for the Hundred Days campaign. We have been using the rather excellent 'General D'Armee' rules with Howard's wonderful Battle Honours and AB figures and also Phil's Prussians from Old Glory. Phil also has a large number of 15mm French he is up ready for play. I could not resist joining in and so ordered lots of British figures from Essex Miniatures. I went with Essex as they have a very complete range, decent price and are lovely chunky little figures that should hopefully suffer little battle damage? This is the 28th from Kempt's Brigade with Kempt himself and his ADC. 
Plenty more to come. 


  




3 comments:

  1. Progressing nicely, but H&S would have a fit, no safety railing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in the days of magic and no H+S so we will all be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I thought less colourfully that it suits some sort of industrial building, a blacksmith, a butcher, a baker or even a candlestick maker?"

    Please tell me it'll be an evil butcher, baker or candlestick maker at the very least ;)

    ReplyDelete

Trying 'General D'Armee' v2 in 15mm

  Howard, Ian and Nigel have been playing a few games of the new version of 'General D'Armee' and this week I was able to go alo...