Sunday, August 22, 2021

A Day of 'To the Strongest'.

 It was good to get back up to Scruton today to meet up with all my friends at the Old Guard Wargames Club. John, Pete, Stig and myself had decided to have a 4 way mini 'To the Strongest' tournament where we all played each other once. This would also give Pete good practise for the 'World Championships' for TTS in a few weeks. 

We ran an open ended series of games with no fixed historical era so we had a few peculiar matchups. John was using a Frank army, Pete his Persians, Stig was Late Roman whilst I used my recently completed Wars of the Roses Lancastrians.

 In the first battles John and I had a close game but his Franks grabbed the victory and on the other table Pete Persians defeated Stig's Late Romans.

Franks take on the Lancastrians. 

In the second round of games The Lancastrians gave Pete's Persians a sound thrashing whilst Stig grabbed a victory against John's Franks
The Franks take on Late Romans.
Some of Pete's Persians

In the third round of games My Lancastrians took on Stig's Late Romans and after a close start to the game Stig graciously conceded the game as my Lancastrians seemed to be edging towards victory. Weirdly, on the other table Pete soundly thrashed John's Franks, our second resounding win of the day: I don't recall any of us ever having wins where the other side did not score any victory points, then today we had two! 
Lancastrian Knights rampage through the Late Roman camp-a very nice scratch built model by Stig.  

On the third table, Martin, Chris and Ian played a 3-way large game of Dragon Rampant, won by Ian I think? 

All in all, a very enjoyable day of gaming. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying 'General D'Armee' v2 in 15mm

  Howard, Ian and Nigel have been playing a few games of the new version of 'General D'Armee' and this week I was able to go alo...