Wednesday, December 1, 2021

More Polemos Napoleonics in 6mm

 Today's game was hosted by Phil and we gave the Polemos Napoleonic 6mm rules another try. A thorough re-read had indicated that there is a good rule system there waiting to be played and now with a greater understanding of the authors intent. We were using Phil's Austrian and French armies with Ian and Howard controlling the French and Phil and myself in charge of the Austrians. 

Although the first turn or two were a little slow as we still needed to look a few things up, turns 3-5 went much more quickly despite involving the extra complication of shooting and melee. In the photo below you can see the Austrians advance.


In the photo below my Austrian Cuirassiers are having a well earned rest having chased some of the opposing French cavalry off the board and the rest of the French cavalry Brigade broke and went with them. The left flank was ours! 

A photo of the Austrian infantry advancing in the centre with some French about to enter the woods against Phil's Austrian units also going into the wood. Phil was also make good progress on our right flank holding off the massed ranks of French infantry.


With time getting on and our cavalry breaking through on the left flank and threatening the whole French line the game was awarded to the Austrians. Another read through of the rules before we next play and I reckon we will have this game cracked. Another fun afternoon of wargaming.  

My 28mm Dwarf building for the SITC challenge is nearing completion. The three photo's below show how I have ringed the house with boulders made from xps then covered in my usual pva/filler mix to texture them. In the first photo everything has been painted in it's base colours and has just had an artists acrylic burnt umber wash prior to highlighting. The bottom two pictures are when the main highlighting has been done. I just need to texture the base now and then it will be complete. The question is do I create another dwarven building to create a sort of 'dwarven corner' to my medieval settlement? 





4 comments:

  1. Yes of course you need more dwarven buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I agree, and possibly a few more dwarves too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. I'd say you need a full Dwarven village. The little guys deserve it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Merijn, you need more dwarf buildings. I'd like to see how you made it, especially the roof texture.

    ReplyDelete

Trying 'General D'Armee' v2 in 15mm

  Howard, Ian and Nigel have been playing a few games of the new version of 'General D'Armee' and this week I was able to go alo...