Thursday, September 26, 2024

28mm Macedonians: progress report

 Nine months into painting 28mm Macedonians I thought it was time for an update as to how well I have done so far. Progress has been slower than I hoped mainly due to the fact that I always seem to work on too many projects all at once but that does keep my painting mojo fresh and enthused. Having a stroke in February did not help and resulted in several weeks when I could not paint at all. Happily I seem to be on a steady improvement and I am now capable of painting figures again (and most of my other hobbies too). 

Fresh off the painting table, a unit of javelin armed skirmishers. 

The first unit painted back in January, skirmishers with bow. 

Peltasts.

Pikemen, commanded by Philip of Macedon himself.

Light cavalry with javelins.


Mercenary Hoplites.

The army so far.
Next up will be some Companion Cavalry and another unit of pikes plus Alexander himself. 







2 comments:

28mm Macedonians: progress report

  Nine months into painting 28mm Macedonians I thought it was time for an update as to how well I have done so far. Progress has been slower...