Friday, May 6, 2022

18mm Wiglaf Armoured Anglo Saxon Spearmen.

 I am slowly building up an Early Anglo-Saxon army using the wonderful Wiglaf Miniatures. Today I finally finished a unit of 24 armoured spearmen, a group of 6 skirmishers with bow and another command stand. I am really enjoying painting these figures as they are such good, crisp casts with clear detail. Progress is slow as I keep getting sidetracked by other projects plus I am moving house later this month so I am also busy packing a lifetimes worth of books and figures and will also be painting walls and ceilings soon instead of figures.  



The whole army so far. I only have 24 more unarmoured spearmen to do then the basic army pack will be complete...but how big is this army going to be. 



These figures are all based to suit a variety of rules ranging from Hail Caesar, Midgard, Dux Bellorum and even To the Strongest. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I am really enjoying painting these, they almost paint them selves! (now there's an idea!).

    ReplyDelete

General D'Armee v2, game concludes.

 Back to Nigel's house today for the conclusion of our General D'Armee v2 game. Nigel had set an excellent scenario of a withdrawing...