Sunday, November 17, 2019

15mm Ancients

I recently finished re-basing my 15mm Greeks onto bases more suitable for rules such as 'To the Strongest', 'Impetus', 'Hail Caesar' and 'Sword and Spear'. I also had to add a few extra figures to most of these larger bases plus a few individually based figures for 'heroes' in TTS. I have continued to work on my Persians too. Here are some photo's of the most recently finished bases, some Hoplites and Egyptian Marines-note the differing shield patterns on the units of Marines.



 The bulk of the figures are from Westwind/Forged in Battle and they are really nice 15mm. I owe a huge debt to Westwind as when I first placed an order with them for the Greeks it went astray/missing and they very kindly replaced the whole £80+ order at their own cost, now that was terrific customer service and a very relieved wargamer! There are some Xyston and Magister Militum figures mixed in too. 
As I was placing the new figures into their army boxes I decided to have fun taking some photo's of where I am up to so far...









I am really enjoying painting these and adding in a variety of buildings and baggage elements. So far I have 20 bases of Greeks and 11 bases of Persians completed with plenty more to paint. The army of Alexander the Great will be added to these at some future point. 

3 comments:

Lion Rampant: Defending the Indefensible (scenario 3).

 For today's game we decided to give scenario 3, 'Defending the Indefensible' a go. Placing a small church in the table centre t...