Saturday, June 18, 2022

15mm General D'Armee, Battle for the Farms on Waterloo Day.

 Howard very kindly invited me round for an afternoon game of 15mm General D'Armee to celebrate Waterloo Day.  For a quick set up/scenario we used the 'MacDonald's Attack at Bautzen' from the main rulebook but swapped to North France/Belgium (but we left out the redoubt) and using many of Howard's excellent British and French collection. I took control of the French leaving Howard in charge of  the British. 

French deployment from their right flank. With the dice allowing me to seize the initiative I was able to get quickly forward and capture the central farm. 

British deployment from their left flank. 

British deployment from their right flank-Howard was unhappy with the placing of his artillery and so limbered them up to move across to the centre. 

My French guard shelter behind the farm ready to pounce on any advancing British whilst a line unit occupied the farm. 

I also managed to occupy the right hand farm but this photo shows Howard's troops kicking me back out. Two turns later I was able to seize it back. 

By turn eight there was a real mix of units battling over the two main farms but so many of Howards units had suffered too many casualties and with my larger cavalry force now advancing on the right Howard called a British withdrawal resulting in a hard fought win for the French. 
This was possibly our best game of General D'Armee yet, helped by us getting more accustomed to the rules. 
Many thanks to Howard for hosting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

General D'Armee v2, game concludes.

 Back to Nigel's house today for the conclusion of our General D'Armee v2 game. Nigel had set an excellent scenario of a withdrawing...