Monday, October 19, 2020

The Great British Build Off Cottage completed.

My first cottage based on a building (no 19) from the old Warhammer Townscape booklet is finished. This was part of a challenge from my long time gaming mate Chris which we called 'the Great British Bake Off' as we both created house from the same plan; a fun challenge to keep us busy whilst we cant meet up to play. Chris had spotted during his build that the plans on the pdf are set slightly larger than 100% but to my eye this slightly larger scale seems to fit the size of the figures just fine. 

In this photo you can see the little extra details such as a barrel and an axe in a log that I like to add to any buildings or scenery I create to help 'bring it to life'? I added some fencing to the side of the house made from coffee stirrers plus I have also painted up a well from Mantic games which seems to fit in nicely. 


Two more views of the cottage from differing angles with some of my recently painted Wars of the Roses Perry miniatures to show the size of the build. Here are some more pictures of the house with my WOTR collection so far; the artillery being the latest piece to be finished. 





 The field and hedgerows are also scratch built from an earlier scenery project (about 20 years ago but spot on for my current project). 
Of course Chris is busy completing his house. He is currently trying out paint schemes to see which he is happiest with. As you can see he has moved the chimney and made it a more detailed stone one. I can't wait to see these two house together on the gaming table. 
As for 'the Great British Build Off', looks like we could be headed for a score draw!



  
 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the build. And what a nice result. I like the army around it too. Should invest in some Perry miniatures some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Merijn, I quite enjoyed making the house as a change from painting figures. I will make a few more buildings soon I think.
      The Perry Miniatures are great value and really nice plastic figures to put together.

      Delete
  2. That's looking great, once more you've got ahead of me.
    Painting proceeding nicely, then the base to sort out, and some 'mighty big decisions' to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will have a great looking village between us by the time we have built some more. Only taken us 35 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Trying 'General D'Armee' v2 in 15mm

  Howard, Ian and Nigel have been playing a few games of the new version of 'General D'Armee' and this week I was able to go alo...