Saturday, February 1, 2020

'To the Strongest' army finished

I am happy/relieved to report that I have now completed my 130 point Post Roman British army for the 'To the Strongest' competition later this month. There has been a concentrated effort to get this finished and the basing will allow the figures to be used in a variety of games as well as TTS. Hopefully soon these guys will take the field in a game of Dux Bellorum and can also be used in the Dark Age Variant of Lion Rampant, using counters to record casualties. 
I have only ever played in one tournament before, having 3 very enjoyable games but one nightmare game against a super uber-competitive player which has put me off entering any more tournaments for about 10 years. I am assured that the TTS tournaments are enjoyable and relaxed days of gaming.  




 Tomorrow is the Vapnartak show where I hope to get a box of the the Gripping Beast Late Roman Light Cavalry to add more units to this army. I also intend to pick up lots more 15mm Ancients, a few more Greeks and a whole Macedonian army as well as having a a good browse . 

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear Martin, I look forward to seeing them. I have plenty left to paint but that will do for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, love late Romans!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Matt, love the Late Romans too, I now have some of the light cavalry after seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete

Trying 'General D'Armee' v2 in 15mm

  Howard, Ian and Nigel have been playing a few games of the new version of 'General D'Armee' and this week I was able to go alo...