Thursday, January 23, 2020

Dark Elves and Dark Ages.

First army of 2020 finished is a Pendraken 10mm Dark Elf army. This was painted for fellow club member, James (of the Old Guard Wargames club) for a charity project he is doing. You can read full details of the project and the very sad reasons for it here... https://themadtinhatter.blogspot.com/2019/09/for-joshua.html Several of us at the club are contributing armies and we received a very generous discount from Pendraken to help us get going. James is happy to texture the bases of the figures to hopefully get some consistency in the basing. If anyone feels moved to contribute please do get in touch with James. The Old Guard club will be touring the shows with a 10mm fantasy battle game this year and all the armies and scenery will be raffled off to raise funds for a very worthy cause. The Dark Elves are wonderful little figures and very cleanly cast. They were also quite easy to paint, mainly painting and dry-brushing over a dark blue spray undercoat (that I had left over from the clubs ACW project).




I particularly like these figures, the raptor riders especially, so I may well end up getting myself an army pack one day. I have also been busy with painting my Late/Sub Roman British army, in preparation for the TTS tournament in February. Over the last few weeks I have completed the following...
Which just leaves me a unit of spearmen to do to complete my 130 points - although I already have plans to expand upon this, increasing the number of Early Saxons, painting up King Arthur himself and expanding properly into Late Romans.

2 comments:

  1. Those look superb Stuart - thanks for your contribution and support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries James, I am trying to think of a suitable piece of terrain to make as well.

    ReplyDelete

General D'Armee v2, game concludes.

 Back to Nigel's house today for the conclusion of our General D'Armee v2 game. Nigel had set an excellent scenario of a withdrawing...