Tuesday, July 16, 2024

World War 1 Naval

 Today, Ian, Nigel and myself had a go at gaming with Nigel's 1/2400 WW1 ships and his own rules for the period. We set up a 4' x 12ft' table with the objective being for my German fleet to reach the safety of the harbour at the far eastern side of the board whilst Ian had to try and stop me. Knowing nothing about WW1 naval warfare I was happy to have help from Nigel with my deployment.

At the front you can see my deployment with the first part of Ian's British fleet in the distance moving parallel to mine. 
A close up of the main part of the German fleet. Nigel has done a great job painting and basing these in a really effective way.  
A view down the table showing how far I needed to travel to escape. 
On the left you can see that Ian has his first extra ships. 
Another close up as some of my smaller ships move out to try and cover the escape of my larger ships. 
We then fired smoke to cover their advance. Sadly shortly after this, with my first batch of torpedoes having been launched time defeated us all once again. 

So we all had a very enjoyable day full of the usual gaming banter and ideas for future projects. As for Nigel's rules, they worked well despite me finding some of the maths involved a little perplexing at times. This was a first play test and we all came up with some ideas to help tweak and improve them. Ian and Nigel are playing them again next week. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

10mm Hail Caesar, Imperial Romans v Britons.

  We hadn't managed to get a game in for a couple of weeks so it was good to get back together again today. I had quickly thrown togethe...