Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Richard 1st and a few more new units.

Life had been a bit busy recently as we are moving house next week. Thus I have been packing figures in boxes rather than painting them. However, I am looking forward to the move as I will have a room to have a wargames table set up 99% of the time. So, looking forward to having more gaming space I have managed to complete more Third Crusade figures in 15mm. Most of these are 'Gladiator Games' Crusades figures from the excellent 'Fighting 15's' company. First up is a Richard 1st command stand having a chat with a Saracen commander. I also finished re-painting and basing a few more palm trees. 
I also got a few more units finished, including the first unit of Saracen spearmen. 
Add to that some Crusader archers and a unit of dismounted knights. The knights were completed just this morning and have not had their bases textured yet as my basing stuff is all packed away. 

This means I only need paint a unit of Crusader spearmen and I will have completed the basic army for the suggested scenario in the Soldiers of God rulebook. I need to send off for these which I will do so soon adding lots of Saracen troops to the order to complete their basic army for the starter scenario too. 
I recently bought a few 'Hovels' 15mm desert dwellings, excellent resin models and these will be painted up once we are settled in the new house. I also need to make an orchard and a few pieces of rough ground and even a marsh for the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old School Fantasy project

  For some time now I have had a growing fondness for and need to collect some of the 'old school fantasy' figures I painted, collec...